Thermal Circulation Valves Explained
The key is to keep water hot, and keep water moving.
The Thermal Circulation Valve responds to changes in system temperature and automatically adjusts to allow more flow (if temperature falls) or less flow (if temperature rises), and maintain the set temperature. During thermal disinfection, the Thermal Circulation Valve opens automatically to a secondary position to allow increased flow at the higher temperature.
The Core Range
Crane Fluid Systems TCV’s are available in DN15 low flow and DN15 & DN20 standard flow sizes
- Ideal for DHWS to help protect against Legionella.
- Provides self-balancing, thermostatically controlled regulation of flow & disinfection.
- Thermal disinfection at temperatures above 70˚C.
- Thermal balancing reduces commissioning time and hence cost.
- Schedule & selection service available.
- Compact unit comprising isolation valve with thermometer access point.
- Incorporates a settable temperature sensing cartridge, factory pre-set at a standard 57˚C.
- Easily verifiable temperatures by thermometer (available as an accessory)
- Valve opens automatically during disinfection.
- Has an accuracy of +/- 2˚C.
- WRAS approved.
Thermometer Access Point
For easy recording of temperature levels
Adjustable Temperature Settings 50-65°C
Factory pre-setting 57°C (54-60°C recommended settings)
Integral Isolation Valve
Removes the need for additional isolation valve
Female Ended Threads
To facilitate easy installation